10 Anti-cellulite Superfoods
In addition to drinking a lot of water and keeping a balanced diet along with a healthy lifestyle, these foods help you fight against cellulite:
Pineapple is very rich in anti-cellulite ingredients acting in different ways:
- Vitamin C : promotes collagen production and enhances skin elasticity
- Vitamin K : improves blood circulation
- Bromelain: has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce cellulite and also improve circulation.
- Watermelon contains 92% of water that can help improve skin hydration, keeping cells functioning at peak level, plumping skin and preventing dimpling.
- Other water-rich foods with the same benefits are: cucumbers, zucchini, grapefruit, lettuce, etc.
- Encouraging collagen fibers to link together and strengthening the connective tissue
- Helping to reduce the breakdown of collagen
- Protecting collagen from oxidative damage
You can also find lecithin in soy-based foods, peanuts or even in food supplements.
- Oily fish
Fish is an excellent source of amino-acids needed for the production of collagen and elastin – important for firmer and younger skin. Aminoacids are also needed to build muscle, which along with fat loss, improves the appearance of cellulite. Oily fish are also rich in healthy fats (Omega 3) that improve blood vessels health and reduce the appearance of cellulite by keeping the cells well hydrated.
Cooked tomatoes and tomato paste contain high levels of Lycopene. Lycopene is a potent anti-oxidant that can help improve the appearance of the skin by preventing the breakdown of collagen hence preserving the structure and elasticity of the skin. Collagen acts as a barrier that stops the fat cells from reaching the top layer of the skin and causing cellulite
Flaxseed oil is rich in good fats (omega 3 and omega 6) that help hydrating the cells by drawing water into dehydrated cells.
- Brazil nuts
Brazil nuts are rich in Selenium that helps achieve a healthy skin by protecting skin quality and elasticity. Other sources of selenium are Tuna, lobster and crabs.
- White tea
White tea helps reduce the breakdown of elastin and collagen, which helps keep the skin smooth and firm and prevents the out-pouching of underlying fat cells. White tea also has great antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Source: How to Get Rid of Cellulite – The Sexy Summer Legs Diet
For more anti-cellulite tips, consult our nutritional experts!
Disclaimer: the content posted on this page alone does not substitute medical diagnosis, advice or treatment. Seek an expert’s advice to determine if this treatment is safe, appropriate or effective for you.